Marcum | 1 CPE | SECURE 2.0 ACT – WHAT DO NONPROFITS NEED TO KNOW?
In December 2022, the SECURE 2.0 Act was signed into law featuring many key provisions impacting nonprofit retirement plans. This session will help nonprofit executives better understand the most important SECURE 2.0 Act features and help you stay on top of a rapidly changing marketplace.
- Expansion of automatic enrollment
- Increase in part-time worker access to retirement plans
- Catch up contributions limitations
- Increase in catchup limits for individuals ages 60-63
- Treatment of student loan payments as elective deferrals for employer matching contributions
- Increase in required minimum distribution
- Recovery of retirement plan overpayments
- Withdrawals for emergency expenses