EideBailly | 2 CPE | How States and Local Governments Can Take Advantage of Energy Credits
The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) of 2022 offers expanded and new incentive related to energy efficient construction projects. For the first time, government and other tax exempt entities can benefit from these new incentives. Recently, the Internal Revenue Service published guidance on how governments can claim these direct payments. During the Roundtable, we will review available tax incentives and how they may benefit your government entity.
- Explore the Employee Retention Credit opportunities for government organizations as it relates to IRA Incentives.
- Examine IRA Energy Efficiency opportunities for government organizations that are building and/or updating their properties.
- Demonstrate how new legislation can facilitate the drive for sustainability and reduce the costs of construction.
- Identify the factors that must be in place to assign the 179D to a designer.
- Define opportunities for direct payment of energy credits.