FORVIS | 1 CPE | New Frontiers in Digital Forensics: Where No Forensic Examiner Has Gone Before
Digital forensics has been around for decades and continues to be a powerful tool in fraud investigations, incident response, and litigation. While much has remained the same, the cloud, cryptocurrency, encryption, internet of things, and new types of data storage have continued to push the boundaries of what’s possible in forensics. Join us for an informative webinar as we provide a refresher on the capabilities of digital forensics. In addition, we’ll explore new frontiers that present challenges and opportunities for new types of evidence in a fun, case study-based format.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe how digital forensics continues to be a powerful weapon in forensic investigations, fraud, incident response, and litigation
- Discuss guidelines on mitigating evidence alteration
- Identify the types of evidence digital forensics can uncover in an investigation
- Recognize the limitations of digital forensics
- Identify how new developments in devices, hardware, cloud storage, digital assets, and encryption affect the types of evidence digital forensics can help uncover