ADP | 1 CPE | ERTC and R&D Tax Credits: 2023 Updates & Cash Opportunities
Pursuing the Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERTC) established by the CARES Act can be complicated. Small businesses still have time and opportunity to capture benefits and secure cash refunds. The Research & Development (R&D) Tax Credit is among small businesses’ least claimed and often misunderstood tax credits. There are synergies and challenges to understanding and using both credits during the same tax period.
Join us and get critical updates on the ERTC and R&D Tax Credits for 2023.
- Understand statutory limitations for refund claims of payroll taxes.
- Review recent IRS pronouncements.
- Define Qualified Small Business (QSB) Income Tax Credit vs. Payroll Tax Offset.
- Identify qualifying activities and qualifying costs (B-1 wages from payroll).
- Review change to Section 174 amortization.